CALEB NICKERSON
Quyon Nov. 24, 2018
On Nov. 24, an early-morning house fire in Quyon claimed the life of one man, who left behind a wife and three children.
Municipality of Pontiac Fire Chief Richard Groulx said that they received the call to 3898 Hwy. 148 at around 5:25 a.m.
“We arrived on scene maybe nine minutes later and the building was fully engulfed,” he said.
Around 25 firefighters responded to the blaze and they eventually uncovered the body.
Sgt. Martin Fournel of the MRC des Collines Police did not disclose the name or age of the victim, but said that the body had been sent to Montreal for an autopsy. Speaking to The Equity on Nov. 27, Fournel said police investigators had not determined the cause of the fire or the victim’s cause of death, but would not be releasing further details.
“The file is not closed yet, it’s not over yet, but at this point foul play is not suspected,” he said.
A fundraiser has been set up on Facebook for the victim’s family.













