The Municipality of Portage-du-Fort has published a job posting for a “temporary director general”, after suspending their current DG Lisa Dagenais on Wednesday night.
A job posting was published on the municipality’s website, with a date line of May 14:
“The Municipality of Portage-du-Fort is looking for a temporary Director General. Must have DG experience. Contract timeline is 4 to 6 weeks.”
The contact email was initially listed as a municipal email but on Friday morning was changed to what appears to be Mayor Kevin Murphy’s personal email (kevinmurphy1616@gmail.com).
THE EQUITY phoned and emailed Murphy with questions regarding the DG’s suspension and the new job posting, but didn’t receive a response in time for print.
Reached by THE EQUITY, Dagenais said that she had been suspended with pay for a period of 20 days. She said she was accused of failing to complete her administrative duties, a charge she denied. THE EQUITY was unable to confirm the exact wording of the resolution or the accusations that led to the suspension.
The vote was tied 3-3, with councillors Dominic Bisson, Cody Coughlin and Kim Elliott voting against suspension, while councillors Martin Hérault, Nicole Thompson and Allan Farrell voting in favour. The deciding vote was cast by the mayor in favour of her suspension. THE EQUITY reached out for comment to pro-mayor Hérault, who was the one who introduced the resolution to suspend her, but did not receive a response in time for print.

















