Giant Tiger
Current Issue

February 18, 2026

Current Conditions in Shawville -6.1°C

Multiple charges laid after violent home invasion

Multiple charges laid after violent home invasion

Sacha Issajenko was one of the victims of a violent home invasion in Sand Bay earlier in the summer, and suffered numerous injuries to her face. The accused, 45-year-old Daniel Chartrand, is currently in custody, with his pre-trial scheduled for Sept. 24 in Campbell’s Bay. Both Issajenko and the homeowner, Darlene Allen, are expected to testify.
Caleb Nickerson
caleb@theequity.ca

CALEB NICKERSON

CLARENDON

July 12, 2019

A 45-year-old man is in custody and facing numerous charges following a violent home invasion in Sand Bay earlier this summer.

Daniel Chartrand, of Gatineau, is accused of . . .

breaking into a home on chemin Hobbs in Clarendon in the early hours of July 12 and assaulting the homeowner, Darlene Allen, as well as his former partner and the mother of his child, Sacha Issajenko, with at least one weapon.

Chartrand is facing seven charges, according to Crown Prosecutor Simon Pelletier: break and enter, two counts each of assault with a weapon and assault causing bodily harm, forcible confinement and mischief.

None of these charges have been proven in court, as the pre-trial is scheduled for Sept. 24.

Pelletier said that he couldn’t confirm the weapon used, but when Issajenko contacted The Equity last week to disclose her harrowing tale, she said he used a taser, and also had a knife. Allen did not respond to The Equity’s request for comment in time for print.

“I had been at Darlene Allen’s, it was going on two weeks,” Issajenko began. “I’m dating her son, Troy Allen.”

She explained that Chartrand is the father of her daughter, and the two were involved for seven to eight years before she left for her hometown of Toronto nearly a year ago. She said the last time she saw him was in April, but that he had called her weeks prior to the attack and threatened to kill her. She said she had been careful not to disclose her whereabouts on social media, but he managed to find her.

“My two-year-old daughter [and I] were there, just for a little vacation thing, we usually spend our summers in Sand Bay,” she said. “It was a regular day, we went to the beach, we came back, played, watched movies, went to sleep. The next thing I know, I’m waking up to, like a burning, electricity sensation through my body and a bright, bright light.”

She said that Chartrand punched and tased her in the face numerous times, in full view of their toddler.

“He beat me in the room for quite a bit, while my daughter watched,” she said. “Then he dragged me outside and he repeatedly kept punching me, and punching me and punching me … and only in the face, he never hit me in the body at all with the taser, his fists or the knife.”

She said that he attempted to drag her into his vehicle before she passed out.

“He kept punching me, I don’t know if he thought I was already dead because I had lost consciousness,” she said. “The next thing I remember is he’s gone and I’m crawling back into the house.”

Issajenko was taken to hospital with severe facial injuries. She said that Allen required stitches, but Issakenko didn’t witness what happened to her.

“I was covered in blood, I don’t think I’d ever seen that much blood in real life,” she said. “I had to go to a facial reconstruction specialist and they said that I took the cake for the worst beating they had ever seen.”

She said she was notified by the police that Chartrand had turned himself in a week after the attack.

Both Pelletier and the SQ couldn’t confirm the time or circumstances of Chartrand’s arrest, but Pelletier said that he had a bail hearing in August, where it was determined he would remain in custody until trial, in the interest of public safety.

Chartrand’s defence attorney, Mélina Cham, did not respond to The Equity’s request for comment in time for print.

Sacha Issajenko was one of the victims of a violent home invasion in Sand Bay earlier in the summer, and suffered numerous injuries to her face. The accused, 45-year-old Daniel Chartrand, is currently in custody, with his pre-trial scheduled for Sept. 24 in Campbell’s Bay. Both Issajenko and the homeowner, Darlene Allen, are expected to testify.
Sacha Issajenko was one of the victims of a violent home invasion in Sand Bay earlier in the summer, and suffered numerous injuries to her face. The accused, 45-year-old Daniel Chartrand, is currently in custody, with his pre-trial scheduled for Sept. 24 in Campbell’s Bay. Both Issajenko and the homeowner, Darlene Allen, are expected to testify.



Register or subscribe to read this content

Thanks for stopping by! This article is available to readers who have created a free account or who subscribe to The Equity.

When you register for free with your email, you get access to a limited number of stories at no cost. Subscribers enjoy unlimited access to everything we publish—and directly support quality local journalism here in the Pontiac.

Register or Subscribe Today!



Log in to your account

ADVERTISEMENT
Calumet Media

More Local News

How to Share on Facebook

Unfortunately, Meta (Facebook’s parent company) has blocked the sharing of news content in Canada. Normally, you would not be able to share links from The Equity, but if you copy the link below, Facebook won’t block you!