CALEB NICKERSON
QUYON Jan. 9, 2019
A home in Quyon was destroyed by fire in the early morning hours of Jan. 9, the third fire to hit the region in about a month’s time.
Municipality of Pontiac Fire Chief Richard Groulx said that his department got called to a home on chemin St-Andrew at 6 a.m.
“When the first unit arrived there the fire was in the basement,” he said. “By the time we got set up to enter the building … the fire was already on the second floor, pretty bad.”
Groulx said that no one was in the home at the time and he suspected that the wood stove in the basement was the source of the blaze.
He added that his department usually sees three to four major structural fires in a given year, but the past year has been hectic.
“Last year we had 11 major fires, and we started the New Year with another one,” he said. “It’s unusual, but it happens.”
A fundraiser has been set up at facebook.com/donate/365716110932229.













