Transports Québec has confirmed the 1.5-kilometre stretch of Route 301 that was set to be closed this week has remained open as planned construction work has been delayed.
In a July 24 alert, the ministry said the road between Route 366 and ch. Milliken would be completely closed to traffic in both directions from Monday, July 27 until Tuesday, Aug. 4 to allow for the replacement of a culvert. The ministry said Route 303 would be used as a detour.
On July 29, responding to an inquiry from THE EQUITY about the status of the closure, a spokesperson for the ministry said the work had been completed ahead of schedule and that the highway had been reopened.
Later that same day, a follow-up email corrected the earlier statement, confirming that the planned culvert replacement had in fact yet to begin because of “operational constraints”, and said the work would begin in the coming weeks.
A new alert will be published to Québec 5-1-1 once new dates for the closure are set.
This story was last updated at 4:30 p.m. on July 29.
Transports Québec a annoncé qu’un tronçon de 1,5 kilomètre de la route 301 sera complètement fermé à la circulation dans les deux directions du lundi 27 juillet au mardi 4 août, afin de permettre le remplacement d’un ponceau.
Le tronçon touché de la route sera situé entre la route 366 et le chemin Milliken. Le ministère a indiqué que la route 303 sera utilisée comme chemin de détour.



